Greetings, Colorado SKIES Families and Community!
The holiday season is a time of reflection and gratefulness. Colorado SKIES Academy has received so much, and I am so grateful. These are some of the things I’m grateful for:
- A generous, general operations grant of $325,000 from the Ray Foundation, a huge supporter of aviation and aerospace education. They know the challenges for startup schools, and I am so grateful to them!
- A lovely ground-breaking ceremony for our permanent building!
- The final inspection was completed on Friday morning, so earth will be moving on Monday!
- The ongoing support from Cherry Creek School District and the CCSD staff.
- New learners and families continue to enroll at CSA.
- You, our founding families, are always there, always willing to help, and a positive and encouraging voice in the greater community.
- The Blue Skies Gallery Exploration of Flight staff, who work with us to provide unique spaces and opportunities for our learners.
- The Denver Foundation and The Beacon Fund for providing the grant for our modulars.
- The Colorado Department of Education for their ongoing mentorship and support as we negotiate our first year of operation.
- The Colorado League of Charter Schools for their support and guidance.
- The Centennial Airport Commissioners and the Arapahoe County Commissioners, who made it possible to have a school in such a unique location.
- The greater aviation and aerospace community, who champion our school and mission in any way they can.
- Wember, Hollis and Miller, and JHL, the team who have worked tirelessly to help CSA get to this point in the construction process.
- DA Davidson, who helped put together the financing and public bond offering to make our school building a reality.
- The CSA Staff for their constant, consistent, positive approach to project-based learning and their devotion to the school and to their learners.
- Our learners, who are willing to be part of an adventure, willing to be a part of a brand-new school and embrace the opportunity to create the traditions that will become CSA.
- iLEAD School Development for their belief, commitment, and steadfast support as we continue to grow.
- And there are many, many more!
As we put the finishing touches on our learning this week, please be sure to complete your Re-Enrollment by December 31. The Re-Enrollment was sent via an email message from SchoolMint. The re-enrollment numbers will determine how many seats are available in each grade level for open enrollment. Also, we will be sending the MAP Assessment results home so you can see the growth of your learner along with predictive metrics to show high school readiness on PSAT, SAT, and ACT.
May you have a wonderful, restful time with family and friends as we move into the Winter Break. I am truly grateful to have the opportunity to serve as your school director.
Happy Holidays and warm wishes!