Next week we will be announcing the 5 Learners of Merit for the first quarter! Each learner chosen will receive a framed certificate and will also get their photo taken for our soon-to-be-unveiled Wall of Fame, to be displayed throughout Quarter 2 until the next recipients are announced. Parents of the Quarter 1 recipients will be invited to a quick ceremony (15 minutes or so) on Wednesday morning at 8:15 am; we will also stream it live and will send the link to parents of recipients on Monday in case you can’t make it in person.
As a reminder, here is a list of the 5 categories; there will be one recipient per category for a total of 5 learners honored for quarter one:
- Silent Scholar – the quiet kids who do what they’re supposed to do but often fly “under the radar”
- Leader – learner with integrity, self-awareness, flexibility to adapt, influence, empathy, courage, and respect
- Academian – earns high grades, curious, open-minded, tenacious, critically thinking learner
- Helping Hands – willing to help at all times, joyful, caring
- Tolerance Ambassador – Patience with all regardless of differences, forgiving of the mistakes of others, listen and treat everyone with dignity and respect, influences others to do the same
Additionally, we would love to collect some information on the interesting and incredible things our learners are doing outside of the school day to honor our learners and continue to build our community! If your children are engaged in activities outside of school (for example, martial arts, music, athletics, etc.), or have received accolades or awards for outside activities, please use this quick form to give us some information (and send a photo!) so we can add them to our Wall of Fame. Depending on how many submissions we receive, we may rotate through a few learners at a time to be sure we recognize everyone. Thanks in advance for your time!