Life In Space: Moon and Mars Colonization
Content Specific Activities
Learners are analyzing materials and media to address the following:
- How do we create a better "Earth" on the Moon or Mars?
- What does it mean to have a better "Earth"? (As humans we are creatures of habit, faiths, and government.)
- How do we take the best qualities of what is on Earth and build a colony on Mars?
- A research presentation that analyzes the issues of faith in space (travel, off-Earth, faith-based government questions).
- A research presentation that investigates and analyzes the issues of deciding government for space colonization, and constitutional credo.
- A research presentation exploring historical trade routes, and designing a trade route for space, for an ISS-based lunar action plan in economics.
- SS7312 Investigate the role of consumers in the Western Hemisphere
- SS741 1 Analyze the civic similarities and differences within governmental systems in the Eastern Hemisphere.
- SS742 2 Nations in various regions of the Eastern Hemisphere interact with international organizations, govern, organize, and impact their societies in different forms that have adapted to the variety of conditions on Earth, from terrestrial to marine ecosystems.
Are sci-fi films and programs presenting any elements that make sense (realistically) in the future effort to create a Moon/Mars colonization effort, and how do you think so?