Colorado Skies Academy (CSA) are authentically engaged and committed to the work of learning through the lens of aerospace and aviation.
At Colorado Skies Academy, we have built a model based on what we believe to be the best of all that is out there. We believe passionately in project-based learning not because it’s a fad but because it goes to the heart of how kids learn. We’ve incorporated technology not as a spiffy add-on but as an organic part of the learning process in the 21st century.
We value and encourage leadership not just as a part of a career track but by instilling in each learner the confidence and character that inspire others.
Finally, we value the social and emotional development of our learners. We believe there is an implicit, as well as an explicit, curriculum to teach. Our goal is nothing short of learning, to change the world.
Reporting to the School Director, the Care Team is an essential part of providing our learners with social and emotional support. The Care Team works with and assists Facilitators in planning and implementing learning experiences that promote intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development in a safe and healthy environment.
Care Team Members’ regular hours are Monday through Friday during school hours depending on operational needs and on additional days as needed to participate in Colorado SKIES Academy functions and career learning opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Model appropriate language, interactions, and positive behavior.
- Reinforce the learning concepts provided by the Facilitator.
- Assist the Facilitator in preparing and incorporating learning activities.
- Support and encourage learners individually or in groups to focus on activities or assignments.
- Ensure safety at all times through supervising and monitoring learner interactions.
- Routinely check classroom equipment and materials and ensure repairs are completed.
- Exhibit genuine caring, friendly, patient, and nurturing attitude to all learners.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provide ongoing support and actively collaborate with all Colorado SKIES Academy leaders and employees to ensure that the mission, vision, values and philosophy of Colorado SKIES Academy is clearly understood and carried out.
- Represent Colorado SKIES Academy in a positive and professional manner in all interactions and communications.
- Follow and actively participate in the development of all Colorado SKIES Academy guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Colorado SKIES Academy’s safety rules, habits, and procedures.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in professional learning activities provided by Colorado SKIES Academy and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Establish and maintain friendly, cooperative, and effective working relationships with learners, learners with special needs, parents, facilitators, other care team members, and administration.
- Demonstrate standards of moral character and behavior to serve as an effective role model for learners.
- Other duties as defined by the School Director or Colorado SKIES Academy Administrative Team.
High School or GED degree, minimum requirement.
- Experience with an educational setting and/or real-world experience in being non-traditional, flexible, open minded, and collaborative.
- Ability to problem solve and work on a variety of different projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain effective relationships in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
- Thrive in a collaborative, team-based and fast-paced environment.
- Perform physical activities, which may include frequent standing, walking, bending, and/or lifting.
- Be passionate and supportive of CSA’s mission and vision, as well as have a strong desire to make a difference for the future of all of Colorado SKIES Academy.
Location: 13005 Wings Way, Englewood, CO 80112
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
iLEAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
iLEAD promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.
To apply for this job please visit coloradoSKIESacademy.org..