As a project-based learning school, we focus on the whole child, valuing not just academic success but also social and emotional growth, while bringing learning to life in the real world.
Under the leadership of Suzanne Acheson, the Colorado SKIES Academy team will provide a rich STEAM experience with a robust, challenging curriculum that includes the following:
- Embedded appropriate and applicable cross-curricular, grade-level standards.
- Formative and summative assessments to track and support learner progress.
- Opportunities for personalized learning and entry points, including extensions and modifications, as needed.
- Connections to industry experts for exposure to career, skill, and content development.
- Social-emotional learning targets mindfully applied throughout the project.
- Metacognitive practices to increase learner agency and lifelong learning strategies.
When learners are developing knowledge, skills, and growth mind-sets simultaneously, they learn more efficiently. They acquire and retain more academic knowledge when they are engaged, believe their studies are important, and are able to apply what they are learning in complex and meaningful ways.