The Monday Message is sent out each Sunday evening to all our families with articles, upcoming events, pictures of learners, updates, and other pertinent information regarding school activities. Please sign up at the bottom of our homepage. You can also find all our Monday Messages and other important information archived on our website here.
Each week, grade level facilitators email families a brief overview of the projects for the week. This information will include important events, and projects. Weekly grade level newsletters will be shared on Sunday evenings. Please follow this link to sign up for the Weekly Facilitator Newsletters.
Learner Assignment Notebooks
Every Colorado SKIES Academy learner will receive a paper copy of an assignment notebook for the grading period. The learner will be encouraged to record and check off projects and completed work in a Ready, Do, Done format. Families will be invited to review this notebook each evening.
Colorado SKIES Academy invites you to join our Family Facebook page. Our Facebook account is updated frequently with pictures of our learners and descriptions of the learning process. Please check them out!
All-School Email and Texts
School Messenger is our Parent Notification system that allows us to send emails and text messages when we have quick announcements to go out.
Based on feedback we’ve received from families over the past two years, we’ve decided to use School Messenger in only very specific circumstances to communicate with our community so that we are not inundating our families with emails throughout the week.
We are constantly improving our website to accommodate requests from our staff, learners, and families. All information that is shared in the newsletter is posted to our website as well. As we get closer to the start of the school year, information will be updated.
We encourage all CSA families to stay connected through PowerSchool. Logging in to this portal will allow you to receive emergency messages, view learner assignments and progress as well as complete all registration forms. It is also important that new and returning families complete the check-in through PowerSchool and update their information in the Parent Form Tile.
- Click “Need Account Assistance” (in red)
- Fill out the required information (you will need your learner’s ID number). An email will be sent to the address you entered to confirm the account creation. It may take up to 15 minutes for you to receive the email confirmation.
- Click on the link in the email to verify your account. This link will return you to the my.cherrycreekschools.org website to begin the check-in process for your learner.
- Select the PARENT FORMS tile
- Check in each learner assigned to your household b. Be sure to click the “next” button at the bottom of each page until you have completed the process for each of your learners. You should have a green checkmark for each learner once check-in is completed. If you get a red X, something is incomplete for that learner.
These forms must be completed PRIOR to your student attending school.