There is a lot happening in the next week to ten days to prepare for our learners to return to the building!
New Procedures and Protocols
Please be sure to review the Semester 2 Return Packet sent out to families either over the weekend or on Monday, January 11. There are some key changes to be aware of for Tuesday, January 19:
- The early drop-off time has changed to 7:30 a.m. to allow CSA to maintain grade-level cohorts prior to the start of school at 8:00 a.m. During this time, 7:30-8:00 a.m., there are no structured activities for learners.
- As you enter the CSA parking lot, a CSA staff member will ask if you or your learner has completed the COVID Symptom Checker for the day. Please complete it at home before coming to CSA. If you do not have it done, you will be asked to park in the CSA lot to complete the COVID Symptom Checker before your learner leaves the car. The COVID Symptom Checker access is posted on the CSA website.
- The lanes for pick-up and drop-off will be designated. Likewise, the building entrance/exit for each grade is designated. Please see the map in the Semester 2 Return Packet for the lane you will use for your learner(s) and where the pickup/drop-off locations are for each grade level (near their designated entrance).
- As discussed in the CSA Town Hall, scheduled classes that begin January 19 (the start of Quarter 3) will rotate on a weekly basis. Specifically, one week will be a Blue Skies class week and the next week will be a Black Skies class week. This reduces the staff/learner exposure by half and is a recommended protocol for schools to follow. (School times remain the same: M-Th 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Learners will remain in their grade-level classroom pod and will not mix grade levels for advanced classes or electives. If a learner has a class that is located in another grade-level classroom pod, they will Zoom into the class within the building.
- Learners will rotate through their Blue Skies class schedule on Tuesday, January 19. They will rotate through their Black Skies class schedule on Monday, January 25.
- There still will be After School programming that will be provided by Hobby Quest. The fee structure and other information will be posted to the website sometime during the week of January 11. Please check the CSA website for more details.
It will be great to be back in the building learning together once again. Nothing can take the place of seeing our CSA learners — we can’t wait!!