Colorado SKIES Academy Community:
IT’S TIME TO RALLY!
Charter schools like Colorado SKIES Academy exist because we have families who believe in what we do and how we do it. Now is the time to physically put your belief into action! We need you to volunteer to help!
Colorado SKIES Academy is moving into its new, permanent home. We need your help. When you sign on to be part of a charter school offering something unique and special for your son or daughter, it means that you, as parents/guardians, sign on to support your school because charter schools are unique, not the same as your local neighborhood school. We depend on you to make it happen. We need our CSA families!
Move-in is rapidly approaching! This is our timeline:
- September 9: CSA gets the keys to the new building! We should have our Certificate of Occupancy, and we can officially MOVE IN!
- September 10: NO SCHOOL! Rally the troops! Furniture we have had in storage off-site is now being delivered! At the same time, we need to clear out the modulars! Let’s move all of our boxes and furniture from the modulars over to our new, shiny building! The office is closed to all calls. We gotta MOVE! All facilitators and CSA staff are on call and moving on this day. Many hands make the workload light. If you can help even for an hour or so, we would greatly appreciate it. Charter schools are a community. Call the Main Office at 720-400-7612 and say, “YES, I WILL HELP,” to whoever answers the school phone. Even 30 minutes of your valuable time is a blessing!
- September 11: No School – We will be focusing on moving into the Exploratorium on this day. Plus, anything else left from the day before needs to be moved. Nothing left behind! Once again, the Main Office will be closed. Our internet and phones are still in transit and will not be set up yet.
And now for the hard part…
We will have just moved into our new building on September 10 and 11. Anticipation is high for our facilitators as well as our learners. COVID precautions now inform all that we do. In order to open CSA, and to remain open, we must train learners about our COVID protocols, such as foot traffic flow, classroom spacing, and others, in place before we ask families to entrust their learners to our care.
We will phase in learner access to the new building. The online learning schedule will continue during the week of September 14-18. We will schedule one grade each day to follow their online schedule in the new building, get a tour of all of their classrooms, etc., and practice all the COVID protocols. This will allow learners to acquaint themselves with their schedule and the building in smaller groups, to learn what they need to do each day, and it will allow us to make any adjustments before the whole school is in the building. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, September 14 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- All grade levels online
- Staff in Building – 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 15 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 6th Grade in Building – follow online schedule
- 7th and 8th Grade online at home
- Wednesday, September 16 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 7th Grade in Building – follow online schedule
- 6th and 8th Grade online at home
- Thursday, September 17 – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 8th Grade in Building – follow online schedule
- 6th and 7th Grade online at home
- Friday, September 18 – No School – Staff Professional Development Day. (Please see our school calendar.)
Please note: If any learner is scheduled in a class that is not associated with their grade level, they will attend with their grade and access their class via livestream using the usual Zoom link.
I admit that I am so excited to see and be with learners! Yet, as excited as I am to see our learners, I know that we have a responsibility to each learner, each staff member, and each parent to do our part to maintain a safe learning environment. Physical spacing in classrooms will be closely examined and adjusted so that all CDE/CDPHE protocols are met. Other schools know their buildings because they have been there for a while. We are brand-new to our building. We need to be sure we are providing the safest, healthiest environment for your learners. Thank you for allowing us the time to conduct our due diligence, remain online just a bit longer, and phase in the entrance of learners to the building.
To do the right thing is not always easy. To take care of your son and/or daughter is not always easy. Colorado SKIES took on the challenge of online learning last March, and it was not easy…but we did it and we did it well. Thank you for allowing us to phase in the entrance to our building and provide in-person learning with the excellent execution and attention to detail you have come to expect as a part of Colorado SKIES Academy. We will fully meet your expectations because, after all…
…WE ARE COLORADO SKIES ACADEMY!